NASBA Field of Study
Accounting and Auditing
Experience in financial reporting and basic knowledge of FASB ASC 740
▪ Fair value measurement and disclosures
▪ Fair value measurement in business combinations
▪ Testing for subsequent impairment of fair value
▪ Working with a valuation specialist
▪ Documentation considerations
▪ Identify and apply key concepts of fair value measurement.
▪ Determine instances when FASB guidance requires measurement of assets or liabilities at fair value.
▪ Recognize considerations relating to fair value in the context of initial recognition and subsequent measurement.
▪ Recall considerations relating to working with a valuation specialist.
Practitioners and members in industry responsible for accounting and financial reporting