NASBA Field of Study
• Product and period costs
• Direct and indirect costs
• Controllable and noncontrollable costs
• Fixed, variable and mixed costs
• Costing systems
• Valuation methods
• Break-even points
• Cost-volume-profit analysis
• Recall differences between the various types of costs.
• Identify the method used for separating mixed costs into fixed and variable components.
• Recognize the components of product costs.
• Differentiate between inventory costing and valuation methods.
• Calculate the break-even point.
• Recognize principles of cost-volume-profit analysis.
Accounting and finance professionals who work for enterprises required to comply with U.S. GAAP or are interested in understanding U.S. accounting fundamentals.